Character Exploration Journal
Please select ONE from the choices
below and respond in a journal entry 1-2 paragraphs. If you fall short (in terms of
expected length), you may respond to two prompts.
- Characters are one of the most
important elements in any story as we view the story from their perspective.
Describe, in detail, the main character (protagonist) of your story. Try
to include gender, age, ethnicity, physical appearance, personality,
relationship switch other characters, etc.
- Would you like to live the life of
the main character in your book?
Explain how they live (where/when/how/conflicts he/she face/etc)
and your reasoning as to whether or not you’d want to try a day in their
life.
- Select an important situation or
conflict that protagonist of your novel was faced with. If you were the
main character, how would you have handled the situation? Be sure to briefly describe the
situation before telling how you would handle it and why you might have
made different decisions than the protagonist.
Monster Kody Scott no doubt had an excruciating painful and hard life. At a very young age Kody was jumped in to the Crip's. along his journey in the text there were many twists and turns in his road that many people couldn't fathom of. His goal was to be looked at as a man by man. Weather it was the right or wrong way to do so he is still respected by many.
ReplyDeleteTo say that I would want to live his everyday life I'm not sure even if I could possibly be able to be highly respected, and stay true and pass down this story but I think to live the day in the life would be good. The way I was raised when I was younger was much different. My parents and majority of the family were well off, so to me I though money could buy me everything. Until years later I found myself on welfare bumming bus fare from friends. I always wonder if I took care of my mother, and siblings like I was supposed to, even with a large amount of money in the family but acting as if we had none if I would be in my predicament today. So truthfully if I had to live Kody's life I'm sure I would have more discipline, and would have been loyal to more people than I should have.
-M. Upfold
The main character in Lullibies For Little Criminals is Baby. She is a tall, skinny female, with blonde scraggly hair. She is white/caucasion and french canadian. Her personality is very bold, she is very observant and very curious. In the book it describes her as being eye candy in her town. Her pimp always says how beautiful she is, and that no one else is as beautiful as her.
ReplyDeleteHer relationship with her father Jules, starts off as good in the beginning, but as she gets older her father starts to turn on her and becomes abusive. She then leaves her father to live with her pimp Alphonse, who is also abusive and makes her prostitute, and manipulates her in many ways. Near the end of the book he some how gets her into doing heroin, then she becomes addicted. Eventually Alphonse dies of a heroin overdose and Baby finds her father again. They move out of that town to her aunts to start fresh.
-A. Brown
The main character in the Hunger Games is Katniss Everdeen. The book describes her as a sixteen year old girl with straight black hair, olive skin, and grey eyes who wears her hair in a long braid that goes down her neck. She is thin and not very tall, but strong enough to hunt outside of District 12 to provide for her family.
ReplyDeleteKatniss had a good relationship with her father, he taught her how to be a hunter using a bow and arrow. Shortly after her father died her mother went into depression and Katniss realized that she had to take the role of her father and provide for her family. Primrose (Prim) Everdeen is her little sister who she worries about all the time and is a good role model in her life.
- Eric Lai
Rubin "Hurricane" Carter conflict is that he had to deal with , being wrongfully convicted of a crime that he did not commit. Rubin "Hurricane" Carter was convicted of a triple homicide murder at a bar. People say that the real reason he was convicted was because of his African-American heritage, his boxing career also status of a civil rights activist. Also he had to remind clam for the 19 years he spent in jail for something he did not do.
ReplyDeleteSo Rubin had to deal with multiple things such as; racism and hatred
Jamal cherman <3
Lullabies For Little Criminals - Baby is the main character and she is described as a skinny , tall 12 year old girl with messy blonde hair . In the book Baby grows up troubled , with her mother dying while giving birth to her and her father always drugged up and constantly moving from apartment to apartment every month, Baby never got to have a "normal life" .
ReplyDeleteBaby and her father have a good bond between them , but things get rocky once her father realized that she is not his "little girl" anymore and she's growing up . Things at home get really bad and Jules heroin addiction worsens and Baby decides to runaway and live with her pimp , who gets her to drop out of school , prostitute and addicted to drugs . To The ending of the book Baby's pimp od's on heroin and decides to go find her father . Once she finds Jules , they moved back to Val de loups where they start a new life with Jules cousin . To say if i would life a day in Baby's life ... That will be a No , physically , mentally and emotionally i couldn't do it . Even through all she has been through ,Baby still manages to keep a smile on her face and a positive attitude .
-Desireen M.